Description - The Crete II Carpet Tile is the heavyweight carpet tile with the "Berber" or diamond design. These thick tiles are 7/16" thick and weight in at a hefty 42oz face weight. Our Crete II tile will last no matter what room you use it in. Originally manufactured for the commercial carpet tile market Crete II was so popular we now offer it to all our residential carpet tile customers. With so many added colors you are sure to find the perfect carpet tile for your carpet tile project. Our Crete II Carpet Tile is made of 100% solution dyed polypropylene with a bitumen backing. Crete II passes federal flammability standards and has permanently anti-static properties.
Recommended Installation Pattern - 1/4 Turn (Parquet).
Material - 100% Polypropylene that is solution dyed.
Size - 19.69" x 19.69"
Thickness - 7/16"
Weight - 1.19 LBS per square foot.
Traffic Type - High- (Tiles are more coarse than medium; Not recommended for bedrooms or playrooms; for use in high traffic areas like entry ways, garages, Commercial flooring)
Recommended Uses - Carpet Tile squares have been used in many commercial applications because of their durability and ease of maintenance. Carpet tiles can be replaced easily instead of having to clean the whole room, you can just pull up a tile and clean it! If a tile becomes damaged you can also pull it up and easily replace it. Because of the ease of use and durability, carpet tiles are being used more and more in residential homes. Here are some of the uses for these carpet tile squares: Entry way carpet tile, Commercial kitchen carpet tiles, weight room carpet tiles, garage carpet tiles and workout room carpet tiles. These tiles are very durable and coarse so not recommended for a bedroom or playroom where a softer carpet tile is needed.
In Stock - Ships between Nov 18 - 20
Carpet Tiles do not require special equipment or cleaning products.
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine. Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
For detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Crete II Carpet Tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be loose laid and cut into place with a straight edge and a utility knife. If you do experience some movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double sided carpet tape can be used around the perimeter of the room and directly under the seams of the tiles to prevent any movement.
- If the tiles are not installed wall to wall and can move slightly we normally recommend an adhesive. Double sided carpet tape is usually all that is required to keep the tiles in place however they can be adhered down with acrylic adhesive for the most permanent of installations.
- If you are looking for a more parquet pattern you can turn each tile 1/4 turn to achieve this look. Work from the center of the room to the outside edges of the room.