Vinyl Garage Rolls
You just bought your dream car, but your garage floor is like a nightmare from Elm Street. The first thing that comes to mind is to paint the garage. You could paint it, but paint doesn’t last very long. Eventually, you will have to be out there painting again like you are Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel. Next, you think “why not Epoxy?” It comes in cool patterns and colors and lasts longer than paint. However, the installation would definitely take a professional and if it gets damaged, your floor is gonna look just like it does now. Hmmm….Is there anything out there that looks great, yet is maintenance free? Where is Superman when you need him? No need for super heroes here - just use our vinyl garage rolled flooring!
Our vinyl garage rolls are the perfect alternatives to paint and epoxy because of their maintenance-free nature. These rolls can be installed by any weekend warrior and are very easy to clean and maintain. These vinyl garage rolls are available in several colors and patterns with our most popular patterns being coin and diamond. Available in several sizes, these rolls can be used as flooring for your whole garage or as a garage mat.
Vinyl garage rolls are not only great for your garage, but they are also great in your home or business. Since these rolls have been designed for the harsh environment of a garage, they are certain to withstand the abuses found in any home or business. Popular uses for these rolls are as flooring for bathrooms, kitchens, basements, office lobbies, in car dealerships and much more. These vinyl rolls are very easy to install and maintain and are even mold and mildew resistant.
Auto Floor Guard Garage Mats
One of the number one concerns for people who live in areas of the country where real weather happens is: How do I contain all the mud, water and snow from getting all over my garage floor? With an Auto Floor Guard garage mat, this question is answered. These mats have been designed specifically to keep the outside elements from affecting your garage floor. These garage mats are essential a large containment mat for your car and will contain any water, snow or mud that were to fall from your car. This helps to protect your new garage floor from getting damaged or stained and is beneficial to any floor that has an Epoxy or painted finish. These mats are very easy to install and maintain: just pull the mat out of the garage and empty out the contents. Clean up is easy with the use of a garden hose. Once clean and dry, place the garage mat back into the garage.
Vinyl Garage Roll Installation
Vinyl garage rolls are very easy to install. Because these mats are so large, they do have weight to them. When installing them in a garage, we recommend not gluing or taping the mat down. This allows your garage flooring to properly expand and contract throughout the day. If for some reason the mat is moving when driving in and out of your driveway, you might want to slow down, Speed Racer! It’s just you! In all seriousness, you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive around the edge of the mat or double sided tape. For home installations, the same rules would apply.
Some rules of thumb when installing these rolls:
- Let the roll acclimate. Make sure you unroll the floor for at least 24 hours.
- Acclimate the roll upside down. This will help to take the curl out of the roll. You may have to put some weight on the roll to get out all of the curls and waves.
- If flooring a whole room, leave at least a ¼” for expansion. These floors are ALIVE! and will expand and contract throughout the day. So make sure you leave enough room for the floor to expand.
- Install during the warmest part of the day. This will make sure that when the roll is installed, it is at its largest size. This is crucial for the expansion gap. If you install during the coldest part the day your floor will be at its smallest size. So when it expands, it will bunch up against any walls or other obstructions. This will cause a bubble to form in various places in your floor. And ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Make all cuts with a sharp utility knife and a straight edge. Measure twice and cut once; wise words to live by.
- Appreciate your new floor! You just installed a whole floor or mat in hours instead of days. So give yourself a round of applause and fist pump for a job well done.
Vinyl Garage Roll Maintenance
These vinyl rolls are very easy to maintain with the use of a broom or garden hose in your garage, or a mop in your home. We recommend using a mild soap and water solution when mopping. One issue that may occur with these rolls is staining. There are a couple of possible causes for this.
The first is tar from the street. Street tar will make marks on any surface, as you can tell while driving down most streets that are next to a recently paved road. This type of staining is easily fixed with the use of cleaners. The best cleaner for this is called Purple Power.
The next type of staining is a little tougher to combat. This is caused by certain types of tires. Typically these are higher end sport tires. These tires cause a chemical reaction with the floor and cause a nasty, yellow stain. This is most evident in lighter colors. There aren’t any cleaners for this, but a good solution is to get black or darker colored mat. These garage mat colors do not show the staining.