2022 Holiday Gift Guide: 10+ Best Home Flooring Ideas
By Ciana Gitre
| Fact Checked By: Ashley De Zeeuw
Published: November 4, 2022 | Updated: August 9, 2023
You probably know someone who’s always starting a renovation project or maybe someone who flips houses and is always in search of quality, affordable flooring. To wow them with a thoughtful gift this holiday season, give the gift of the perfect home flooring!
There are many options to choose from for a home flooring gift, from waterproof vinyl to laminate and even carpet and tile. Get inspired by checking out these home flooring options!
Vinyl is a classic option for anyone looking for stylish flooring that’s ultra-durable, affordable, and maintains its beauty for years. There’s something for everyone with minimal maintenance and various sheet, plank, and tile options. Explore our most popular vinyl flooring below!
- Wood-look: You’ll find an abundance of attractive vinyl flooring with authentic-looking wood grains. It’s by far one of our most popular styles.
- Stone-look: Upgrade your home with stylish and luxurious stone-look vinyl in tile, plank, and sheet options.
- Decorative: Decorative vinyl is perfect for homeowners looking to make a statement in their homes. We’ve got a wide selection of intricate vinyl patterns to suit any style, including modern, bohemian, retro, and more.
|Related Content >> Best Low-Voc Flooring Options for a Healthier Home|
Rigid Core Waterproof vinyl planks are one of the most heavy-duty flooring options on the market. Firstly they’re made with a 100% waterproof core, so you do not need to worry about moisture seeping into your subfloor, preventing damage, bacteria, and plank lifting.
Next, a high-quality print layer and resilient wear layer provide you with an effortlessly beautiful wood-look floor for the home, with minimal maintenance to keep it looking great. Additionally, many of our options are DIY-certified, so you can install your new floor without extensive experience or tools. You can find a vast selection of plank options suited for residential and commercial settings.
- TritonCORE Pro 7″ Rigid Core Vinyl Planks
- COREtec Pro Plus 7″ Rigid Core Vinyl Planks
- Shaw Endura 512C Plus 7″ Rigid Core Vinyl Planks
Vinyl planks are highly sought-after for their realistic wood-look styles. Also, the easy-to-clean, scratch-resistant surfaces often feature enhanced textures to mimic the feel of natural hardwood, all protected by a durable wear layer. DIY-friendly installation is an essential factor as well.
These days, most luxury vinyl planks use an interlocking tongue and groove installation system so that you can lay the floor yourself without needing a professional. These features make vinyl planks one of the most stylish, user-friendly flooring options on the market.
- Coretec Plus 5″ Waterproof Vinyl Planks
- Mannington Adura Max 6″ Waterproof Planks
- Adura Max Apex 16″ “Waterproof Vinyl Planks
For the latest in stone-look styles, nothing beats vinyl tiles. You can choose from the ultra-luxurious look of marble and other stone looks without paying the price for natural stone. Like vinyl planks, luxury vinyl tiles often feature realistic textures for a more convincing appearance and feel.
Vinyl tiles are warmer than natural stone floors and more comfortable to stand on. Plus, they are easier to take care of than natural stone since they don’t need special sealers or cleaning products to look their best. Installation is also a breeze, so you can always install the flooring without needing a pro.
Do you know someone looking for vinyl flooring that’s stylish, easy to install, and budget-friendly? Give the gift of vinyl sheets!
These days, many vinyl sheet flooring options come with a durable fiberglass backing that provides extra stability. You can install it by spreading it out and securing the edges with double-sided vinyl tape. Easy to clean and maintain, sheet vinyl won’t trap dust, pet dander, or other allergens, and it practically takes care of itself.
- Shaw Great Basin 12′ Wide Vinyl Sheet
- Mannington Revive 12′ Luxury Vinyl Sheet
- Shaw Great Plains 12′ Wide Vinyl Sheet
This season, give the gift of stunning laminate flooring! It’s a fantastic alternative to natural wood that is durable and easy to clean and install. Available in an extensive array of wood species, waterproof options, and thicknesses, you can find laminate planks to suit any residential or commercial space.
- Distressed: Distressed laminate planks offer a rustic, aged look without having to distress the flooring yourself. The distressed laminate look and texture are wildly popular with farmhouse interiors and are the perfect way to add charm.
- Embossed in register: This is one of our most hyper-realistic laminate textures. You will feel the fine grains and indentations that match the laminate wood look. In addition, with the indentations aligning perfectly, it achieves a three-dimensional appearance and experience underfoot.
- Smooth: If you’re looking for beautiful wood-look flooring that has a satin finish, we’ve got just the right options for you. YoYou’llind with smooth laminate flooring that the texture is soft and more subtle than other options.
|Related Content >> Laminate Flooring Pros and Cons|
Laminate planks create a warm, welcoming feel in any space, with incredibly realistic wood looks and a durable wear layer to protect it from wear and tear. Waterproof laminate takes durability one step further, allowing you to install it in more moisture-prone areas.
Waterproof laminate can be a lifesaver for a busy home with kids and pets, requiring little maintenance and always looking effortlessly gorgeous.
- 14mm KronoSwiss Origin Wide Plank Laminate
- 13mm Tuffcore Estate WaterResist Laminate
- 12mm Mohawk Boardwalk Waterproof Laminate
If you love supporting American manufacturers, we have a selection of stylish laminate planks for you to choose from. Sourced and made right here in the USA, this flooring is made with the highest quality materials and is durable enough to withstand everyday wear and tear. Shop our different laminate plank colors, species, and surfaces to find the perfect one!
- Hillside Hickory Waterproof Laminate
- Arcadia Waterproof Laminate
- 12mm Mohawk Elderwood Waterproof Laminate
Wide plank laminate flooring is a fantastic choice for large areas of the home. With extra-wide planks, you can install much faster and visually fill the space rather than with traditional-sized laminate planks.
Additionally, you can add depth and visual interest by installing it in different patterns. We recommend diagonally installing your laminate for a unique take on the wood flooring look.
- 14mm KronoSwiss Origin Wide Plank Laminate
- 12mm Whisky Mill Waterproof Laminate
- Rare Vintage Laminate Flooring
- 12mm Mannington Palace Waterproof Laminate
Upgrade your home with engineered hardwood floors, and enjoy the increased property value. This alternative to solid hardwood flooring consists of layers of high-density fiberboard (HDF). It’s a solid investment in your home that will end up paying dividends as time passes.
Made with a real wood veneer, each plank of engineered hardwood showcases an authentic wood grain and texture. You can pick from various wood species, including hickory, walnut, maple, oak, and more. You’llever see any repeating patterns or unconvincing looks because it’s the real thing!
Engineered hardwood comes in several textures for a real wood feel underfoot.
- Wirebrushed: Wirebrushed textures often have a uniform texture and a semi-matte finish, which creates a lived-in, antique look.
- Distressed: You’ll find burns, knots, and scrapes with distressed engineered wood flooring.
- Handscraped: This beautiful hand-honed texture shows long scrapes throughout your engineered wood planks. To give it that natural, rustic character, the surface will vary plank by plank.
|Related Content >> Farmhouse Flooring: Ideas for a Country Chic Home|
Waterproof engineered hardwood takes all the benefits of traditional engineered wood, plus 100% waterproofing capabilities. Also, because of its increased moisture resistance, you can install it in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and even in basements.
No section of the home is off-limits with waterproof engineered wood flooring! Explore our beautiful wood tones, from light oak to deep hickory.
- Mohawk Ultrawood Crosby Cove Engineered Wood
- Sebastian Isle Engineered Wood
- Ulrawood Westport Cape Engineered Wood
Leave a statement in your home with multi-width engineered wood planks! This look is incredibly trendy right now for homeowners who desire a more natural, authentic look for their space. If you’re feeling adventurous, this one’s for you!
Looking for premium quality engineered wood? Our American-made engineered wood flooring is a fantastic choice you can trust, as it’s sourced and manufactured right here in the USA. Feel assured your purchase is coming from top American manufacturers that pride themselves on providing the highest quality wood flooring that will uphold for years to come.
- Mohawk Ulrawood Westport Cape Engineered Wood
- 12mm Mannington Park City Oak Engineered Wood
- Shaw Brushed Suede Engineered Wood
Nothing beats the softness, comfort, and warmth of carpet. Plus, these days, carpet is a lot more versatile, and you can choose from carpet tiles, broadloom carpet rolls, area rugs, and even outdoor carpet.
Today, you’ll find a massive selection of stylish carpet patterns. Whether you’re into a traditional, subdued look or a show-stopping design, we’ve got something for every aesthetic.
- Floral: Elegant and classy. Floral patterns are the perfect addition to any room of the home. We have various muted options and more vibrant floral patterns to add a pop to your interior.
- Geometric: Liven up your home or business with geometric carpet patterns. With bold shapes, colors, and patterns, this option is sure to bring attention to your floors.
- Decorative: Thinking of something abstract? Check out our decorative carpet for unique designs you won’t find anywhere else.
|Related Content >> Best Carpet for Pets: Pet-Friendly Carpet Options|
Broadloom carpets, also known as carpet rolls are a gift that keeps on giving. As the most comfortable flooring option, carpet creates a place in your home to relax, play with the kids, or enjoy some coziness.
From bedrooms to living rooms and even home theaters, carpet rolls are the ideal flooring. Plus, they provide warmth, sound absorption, softness, and style.
Carpet tiles are an excellent option for a quick and easy flooring update. Many carpet tiles come with a self-adhering backing that lets you peel and stick the tiles to the floor, simple as that. They’re ideal for any residential environment, and best of all, they’re affordable, too.
Don’t forget about the appearance either! With carpet tiles, you can mix and match colors and even create your patterns. Your imagination is the only limit.
Take your home movie experience to the next level with ultra-durable home theater carpet! ItIt’svailable in a wide variety of rolls, tiles, and spectacular patterns – including themed and glow-in-the-dark options!
Sometimes, the perfect gift isn’t an entire floor but instead a nice accent rug. Area rugs are making a comeback as more people opt for hard flooring and just toss down a rug, and you get much-needed softness and warmth.
An outdoor carpet can completely transform spaces like porches and patios. No longer do you have to deal with too-hot flooring or the risk of wood splinters. ItIt’sime to get comfortable in the great outdoors!
Happy Holiday Shopping!
Hopefully, this list of the best home flooring gifts inspired you with the perfect present for that DIYer or house-flipper you know. Are you excited to surprise them with the flooring of their dreams? Get started!