Description - World's Fair vinyl floor tiles are the perfect addition to any room in the home that needs a modern, resilient flooring option. These beautiful stone look tiles require no maintenance and can be installed on any level of the home unlike other materials. At 18" x 18", these large format tiles make small spaces look larger while adding a natural look to the room. World's Fair tiles are backed by a 15 year residential warranty.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – 18" x 18"
Thickness – 2mm
Wear Layer – 6 MIL
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~1.8 lbs.
Recommended Uses – World's Fair luxury vinyl tiles can be installed in basements, game rooms, man caves, bedrooms, hallways, bathrooms, kitchen and dining rooms, pantries, walk in closets, tv rooms, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between May 23 - 30
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. There are two installation methods, depending on the type of environment. For low traffic spaces or non-permanent installations, we recommend the Double Sided Tape Installation method. For high traffic or permanent installations, we recommend the Glue Installation method. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Double Sided Tape Installation
- For non-permanent or low traffic area installations, the double sided carpet tape method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inch from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- For additional security, you may choose to lay additional double sided carpet tape in perpendicular lines with the perimeter of the flooring. Depending on the size of your vinyl tile or plank, you may choose to line up tape underneath seams of your tile or plank, or in repeated increments of your choosing.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- Be sure to install tiles or planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.