Description - Our 8mm Stone Flex tiles have the beautiful look of natural stone, slate and terrazzo flooring without the hassles that come with them. Easy to install with hidden interlocking technology, this durable, slip resistant, and commercial grade tile features 5 gorgeous color options you are sure to enjoy. These strong flex tiles can handle up to 2,000 lbs of weight per tile, with the multi layered construction offering extra protection and durability. Bonded clear coat layers make cleaning fast and easy. Added strength makes these tiles perfect for high traffic areas like office buildings, home garages, and many other places. Backed by a 25 year warranty, these beautiful commercial grade floor tiles are sure to fit your needs for many many years. Can be applied on top of virtually any surface with little, if any prep. Each tile has a color-coordinated edge that looks like grout.
Material – Our Stone flex tiles are constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible PVC that guarantees the most durable garage tile on the market. This custom blend tile also ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size – 18" x 18"
Thickness – 5/16" (8mm)
Weight – 5 Lbs. per tile
Recommended Uses – Our 8mm Stone Flex Tiles are perfect for use in commercial areas with high traffic like industrial spaces, commercial kitchens, garages, hallways, basements, rec rooms, museums, show rooms, libraries, lobbies, classrooms, office buildings, galleries, and many other high traffic areas.
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.