Description - Easy Style luxury vinyl plank flooring by Shaw offers a beautiful and rich appearance, blending wood and stone for a most desirable look. This unique flooring showcases a range of light and dark hues in every plank, creating a contemporary and distinctive look across the whole floor. Additionally, Shaw’s Easy Style collection is constructed utilizing natural features of virgin vinyl, such as resistance to wear, staining, mold, and mildew growth. Finished with a 20mil wear layer for additional longevity and performance, this wood and stone look flooring is perfect for residential or commercial use. Backed by a lifetime stain and wear warranty, this LVP flooring is sure to last.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 36" long.
Thickness – 4mm
Wear Layer – 20 MIL (0.508 mm)
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~2.3 lbs.
Recommended Uses –
Shaw Easy Style vinyl planks are perfect for a wide variety of spaces. These luxury flooring planks can be installed in residential spaces like bedrooms, kitchens, game rooms, home offices, dining rooms, family rooms, bathrooms, half baths, basements, and are also perfectly fit for commercial spaces such as office buildings, boutiques, dental offices, doctors’ offices, waiting rooms, retail spaces, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Jan 28 - Feb 4
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. There are two installation methods, depending on the type of environment. For low traffic spaces or non-permanent installations, we recommend the Double Sided Tape Installation method. For high traffic or permanent installations, we recommend the Glue Installation method. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Double Sided Tape Installation
- For non-permanent or low traffic area installations, the double sided carpet tape method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inch from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- For additional security, you may choose to lay additional double sided carpet tape in perpendicular lines with the perimeter of the flooring. Depending on the size of your vinyl tile or plank, you may choose to line up tape underneath seams of your tile or plank, or in repeated increments of your choosing.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- Be sure to install tiles or planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.