Description - Shaw's Charity carpet padding is a top selling carpet cushion that features memory foam comfort and moisture barrier for the ultimate clean carpet. Adding carpet padding underlay to your carpet floors from Shaw can extend the life of your carpet, as well as adding thermal properties and comfort underfoot.
Material - Specially bonded cushion with ViscoTouch™ Memory Foam for enhanced comfort and R2X® Barrier prevents spills and pet accidents from penetrating the cushion for up to 24 hours.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - 30’.
Thickness - 1/2".
Density - 8lb.
Insulation Rating - R 1.8.
Weight - ~60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Shaw's Charity carpet pad is great in homes, apartments and condos under all types of carpet.
Available For Order - Ships between Jul 4 - 11
Installation of our carpet pad is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.