Description - Courage carpet pad from Shaw is a premium, antimicrobial carpet underlayment that provides maximum comfort and protects the subfloor from mold and mildew growth. Courage carpet padding supports your floors, adds exceptional comfort underfoot, and extends the life of your carpet.
Material - ComfortTouch™ pure foam and provides luxurious comfort underfoot and is finished with Dual R2X® Barrier prevents moisture from penetrating both sides of the cushion.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - 45’.
Thickness - 1/2".
Density - N/A
Insulation Rating - R 2.2.
Weight - ~60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Shaw's Courage carpet pad is great in homes, apartments and condos under all types of carpet.
Out of Stock - Pre-Order Now
Installation of our carpet pad is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.