Description - Our 3/8” thick Rubber Gym Tiles are an excellent choice for both residential and commercial users who are in the market for a discount priced rubber gym tile. These tiles are precisely cut into corner, border, and center cut tiles to help efficiently fit a wide variety of room sizes. These gym tiles are also resistant to bacterial growth and have a non-skid diamond pattern surface.
Note: - Due to the manufacturing process and nature of recycled rubber, some surface variations such as color distribution or shadowing may exist.
Material – Rubber Gym Tiles are constructed of recycled black crumb rubber and virgin colored rubber flecks at a 25% and 75% color density. These recycled rubber tiles are also vulcanized which means they are formed using heat and pressure to form a solid non porous and non absorbent mat surface. This allows for the rubber gym tiles to have the highest tensile, tear, and abrasion resistance on the market for an interlocking rubber tile. This means ultimate durability and longevity.
Size – 2' x 2' (Interlocked size - 22.5" x 22.5"), 4’ x 4’ (Interlocked size - 46.71" x 46.71")
Thickness – 3/8 Inch
Weight – 2'x 2' tiles weigh ~10 Lbs. each and 4'x 4' tiles weigh ~38 Lbs. each.
Origin – Proudly made in the USA from start to finish
Recommended Uses – The 3/8” thick Rubber Gym Tiles have been used successfully as weight room rubber tiles, gym flooring, in home gyms and fitness centers, in athletic training facilities and locker rooms, in golf pro shops, around hockey rinks and just about any other athletic fitness location. These interlocking mats have unmatched durability and are great for use in areas where ice skate blades or spiked footwear is used. The rubber gym tiles are also an excellent option for use in areas such as pet care facilities, dog kennels, horse barns, kids play rooms, as a basement flooring option, outdoors on patios and boat docks, areas where sound insulation would be useful, over radiant heated floors, in outdoor storage sheds and utility rooms, as anti fatigue flooring, as a “green” flooring option to help earn LEED credits for commercial buildings and any other place where a highly durable and cost effective flooring option would be useful.
- Quick ship colors are Black, Glacier, and Glacier/White ship out in 3 business days for 100 tiles or less.
- Our 3/8"Rubber Gym Tiles typically ship within 7-15 business days for the black tiles and 15-20 business days for the interlocking gym tiles with color flecks.
- An email is automatically sent to you with your tracking information as soon as your rubber tiles ship and tracking information becomes available.
Rubber Gym Tiles are very easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking gym tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tile flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the floor tile with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add borders tiles outward along the adjacent walls. Add center, corner and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.