Description - Our tough residential rolled rubber flooring is the perfect choice for the home user. It has the same appearance and functionality as the type of flooring used in commercial gyms but is designed specifically for home gyms. Each roll is precisely machine cut so rolls can just be butted together at the seams and no messy seam sealer is required for installation. The rolled rubber is also safe to use both inside and outside.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Recycled rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the cheap recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 1/4 Inch
Weight – 1.6 Lbs. per square foot.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses –Tough rubber rolls have been used successfully in home fitness gyms, as exercise flooring, under exercise equipment, in doggy day care facilities, locker rooms, as basement flooring, on decks and patios, in kid’s play rooms, in locker rooms and any other place where a rubber floor solution would be useful to help prevent slipping and provide anti fatigue and sound dampening qualities.
Tough rolled rubber is easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation