Description - Daltile's Cape Coast collection is a versatile yet low cost glazed ceramic option you're sure to love. Neutral color options go with any room's decor, and is sure to look great for years to come. Ceramic tiles easy to clean and maintain, making them perfect for your busy lifestyle. Cape Coast is ideal for families with children, pets, and high traffic areas due to it's durability. If the floor tiles get dirty, simply sweep up or lightly mop the area.
Material – Glazed ceramic.
Size – Available as 12" x 12" or 16" x 16" tiles.
Thickness – 5/16" (8mm)
Shade Variation – High (V3)
Minimum Grout Joint Recommendation – 3/16”
Application – Floors, walls, and countertops.
Breaking Strength – >250 lbs.
Case Weight – Each case weighs ~53 lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Cape Coast ceramic tiles are recommended for use in high traffic areas such as family rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, hallways, play rooms, offices, retail spaces, bathrooms, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Sep 26 - Oct 1
Ceramic tiles are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
General instructions for installing floor tile:
- Tile must be installed over structurally sound substrates. Any damaged, loose or uneven areas must be repaired, patched and leveled.
- Start by marking the center point of the room. Place a row of loose tiles along the center lines in both directions, leaving enough space for uniform joints (use tile spacers).
- Using the notched side of the recommended trowel, comb adhesive into standing ridges by holding trowel at a 45-degree angle. Remove excess adhesive, leaving a uniform, ridged setting bed. Never spread a larger area than can be set in 15 minutes.
- Measure tiles to be cut carefully and mark with a pencil or felt-tip pen. Make straight or diagonal cuts with a tile cutter and curved cuts with a nipper. Be sure to mix tiles from several cartons as you set, for a blended effect.
- Begin installation in the center of the room. Finish each grid before moving to the next. Start with the first tile in the corner of the grid and work outward. Set tiles one at a time using a slight twisting motion. Insert tile spacers as each tile is set. Fit perimeter tiles in each grid last, leaving 1/4" gap between tile and wall.
- When grid is completely installed, tap in all tiles with a rubber mallet or hammer and wood block, to ensure a good bond and level plane. Remove excess adhesive from joints with a putty knife, and from tile with a damp sponge.
- Do not walk on tiles until they are set (usually in 24 hours).
Tips for installing large format floor tile:
- Large size floor tile installation requires particular attention to proper subfloor preparation, grout joint sizing, trowel selection, and mortar coverage.
- It is absolutely critical that large tile be installed on a level substrate.
- Installation Requirement: For proper bonding, medium bed mortar should be used in installing tiles with a dimensional length greater than 15 inches on any one side of the tile. Back buttering tiles of this nature in the installation process will also assure proper coverage for body.
For detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.