The Best Garage Flooring of 2024: 6 Upgrade Ideas
By Ciana Gitre
| Fact Checked By: Ashley De Zeeuw
Published: November 20, 2023 | Updated: November 20, 2023
In 2024, take your garage from a dull, outdated storage room into your dream space. Discover the best garage flooring ideas to revamp your favorite room in the home.
The floor is the foundation of your whole garage, and choosing your garage floor is a big decision. Our guide will walk you through the best flooring options for your garage, so you can pick something functional, eye-catching, and stylish for years to come.
How to Choose the Best Garage Flooring
Every garage requires different needs, so consider all your flooring options before purchasing. We recommend looking out for the three main features of durability, look, and cost.
Garage Flooring Considerations
- Cost: Regardless of your budget, there is a garage flooring option for you. You can cover a two-car garage for approximately $400 to $6,000+.
- Durability: You need a floor that will stay sharp and intact from everyday abuse as well as household and vehicle chemicals. If you intend on having substantial rolling weight, look for benefits such as commercial-grade and car-jack approved.
- Style: Most garage flooring options offer diamond, coin, smooth, or vented patterns. If you choose tiles, you can do all sorts of fun patterns.
Other Things to Look Out For
- Maintenance: You should weigh the pros and cons of products for their ease of maintenance and if they require any special cleaners, tricks, etc.
- Installation: Today, most garage flooring is DIY-friendly. We recommend going with our garage floor tiles for a solo project as they are the most lightweight. While garage flooring rolls are equally easy to install, they are harder to maneuver alone, so having a couple of helping hands will get the job done smoother.
Related Content >> How to Create Your Dream Garage
Best Garage Flooring Options
Whether you’re looking for top-rated garage flooring rolls or tiles, we’ve got the best garage flooring. With excellent reviews, ultra-resilient material, and sleek designs, each of these five options is a reliable option you’re sure to love.
|Related Content >> The Complete Guide to Garage Floor Tiles|
The Pro version of our most popular garage floor tile. Made of impact-resistant plastic, these floor tiles are a heavy-duty option to upgrade with. Additionally, their easy-to-clean material resists chemicals, stains, and slips.
With Nitro Tiles Pro you can expect an effortless snap-and-lock installation that any DIYer can do for a weekend project. With our Flooring Designer tool, you can create a 100% customized pattern to suit your desired style.
- Luxury style
- Slip and stain-resistant
- Extreme durability
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Limited color selection (more options coming soon)
“I love the tiles, and installation was easy. Great investment!” – Leticia from White Plains, MD
|Related Content >> Garage Flooring Guide: Tiles, Rolls, Epoxy & More|
Nitro Tiles are one of the most popular garage floor tiles on the market. They’re ultra-durable and ready to take on even the harshest garage conditions. Beyond the garage, use them for dealerships, workshops, trade shows, and more.
For the most popular looks and patterns, go with the diamond tiles and lay them in a classic checkerboard pattern.
- High impact design
- Easy to install and clean
- Customer favorite flooring
- Variety of patterns and colors
- Loud underfoot
“This is my first time using these tiles. They are super easy. To connect the tiles, you just align them and hit them with a rubber mallet. My garage looks amazing now!”- Matthew Stehlin from Cincinnati
|Related Content >> Auto Show Guide: Car Show Display Flooring|
Our premium Diamond Nitro Rolls have it all – sharp looks, easy installation and maintenance, and superb durability.
Beyond the garage, these stylish coin- and diamond-patterned rolls work well in workshops, storage sheds, industrial settings, and more.
- DIY installation
- Affordable and stylish
- 7-year warranty
- Car-jack approved
- Multiple rolls may not align perfectly
- May have to replace full rolls when damaged
“The flooring turned out great, and it is the “wow” factor when I show my garage to my friends. I installed it myself and am very proud of it.” – Gary from PA
|Related Content >> 10+ Ways to Use Your Garage: From Functional to Fun|
Diamond Grid-Loc Garage Tiles™ can withstand heat, tools, chemicals, oil, antifreeze, UV rays, and more. They’re American-made, ultra-durable, and offer an impressive 12-year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
Diamond Grid-Loc Tiles™ are also versatile enough for storage sheds, trade shows, dealerships, and more. They are trendy for their large color selection and variety of garage floor tile patterns.
- USA made
- Low maintenance
- 12-year warranty
- Highly impact resistant
- More muted color selection
“Garage looks outstanding! Everything came perfectly. Installation was pretty easy. I highly recommend it.” – Poolster from NY
|Related Content >> How to Create Your Dream Garage|
Smooth Flex Tiles are a stylish twist to traditional garage flooring. With a smooth, leather-like pattern and hidden interlock, these tiles are a sleek upgrade for any room in your home.
Additionally, you’ll find that this flooring is easy to clean and maintain, chemical- and UV-resistant, and provides a semi-gloss finish. Being Car-jack approved, you won’t have to worry about cracks or warping.
- Smooth finish with hidden interlock
- Car-jack approved
- Slip and stain-resistant
- 12-year warranty
- Rolling weight not tested
“This was the most amazing look when completed. It was fast AND easy to install and looks GREAT! There was no way we could have achieved this look with any other tile.” – Happy Customer from Richmond, VA.
|Related Content >> Garage Flooring FAQ: What You Must Know|
Armorclad Master Kit w/ Topcoat has everything you need to create a smooth, glossy floor. It covers up to 600 sqft, which easily covers a two-car garage.
Plus, this epoxy floor coating is approved for car jacks and is backed by our 1-year warranty so you can rest easy in your decision.
- Various floor-fleck colors
- Great for garages, showrooms, warehouses
- Made for indoor use only
“My garage turned out awesome. I love this product and would definitely buy it again. I rented a concrete floor polisher to ruff up the floor.” – Happy Customer from Denton, TX.
Ready to get started? Order samples of your favorite garage flooring today!