Description - Miracle Sealant's Porous Plus Sealer is a great solution for sealing naturally porous tile & grout. This penetrating sealer is weather resistant, safe for food areas, easy to use and offers superior coverage. While also being a fantastic sealer, Porous Plus is slip resistant and will not change the natural look of the tile.
Size - 1 quart.
Grout Release - Yes
Physical Form - Liquid
Shelf Life - 12 months
Coverage - Up to 1,000 sq ft.
Recommended Uses - Porous Plus is recommended for use with porous tile such as Saltillo Tile, Terra Cotta, Flagstone, Limestone, Sandstone, Slate, Polished Marble, Brick, Concrete Tile, Grout and more.
In Stock - Ships between Apr 22 - 22
For new installations:
- 511 Porous Plus should not be diluted or thinned in anyway. 511 Porous Plus should be used as is, directly from approved container.
- Before Grouting: Apply Porous Plus to all surfaces prior to grouting. Apply 511 Impregnator using a Mira Brush applicator or a clean towel. Apply enough to wet the surface. To see coverage charts, Click Here . Be careful not to saturate the open grout joints.
- Allow to stand for 3 - 5 minutes for maximum penetration. All excess must be removed at this time by buffing surface with a clean dry towel. On very porous surfaces apply another application after the previous application has dried 2-3 hours. Any excess sealer that has dried on the surface creating a residue/film, may be removed by applying Residue Remover. Apply Residue Remover undiluted to the affected area with a clean dry towel. Let it sit for 1 - 2 minutes before buffing the area with a second clean dry towel.
- Let cure for 6 - 12 hours before continuing with the grouting procedure per the manufacturer's specification.
- After grouting, make sure that all grout residue is removed from the surface with a clean sponge and water. Allow grout to dry at least 24 - 72 hours.
- Grout Sealing: Once the area has completely dried, proceed with the sealing of the grout for water and stain resistance. Apply 511 Porous Plus to all grout with a paint brush. Any excess sealer that gets on the surface should be wiped off with a clean towel before it dries. On larger jobs grout can be sealed by retreating the entire area including the tile or stone surface a second time. Be careful not to allow the sealer to puddle or dry on pre-sealed surfaces.
For existing installations:
Surface prep: Surface must be dry and free of contaminants, including previously applied sealers, dirt, lime & hard water deposits, efflorescence, rust & other heavy dirt and grime.
Follow the application instructions previously mentioned, except now, seal the grout and tile or stone surfaces at the same time. When treating surfaces together, make sure that the recessed grout is saturated.
511 Porous Plus will be dry to the touch in 1 - 3 hours and may be used for normal foot traffic. For optimum results the area should be kept dry and free from staining materials for 24 - 72 hours.
Coverage: will vary, but under typical use Porous Plus Sealer can seal 125 - 1,000 square feet per quart.
For detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.