Description - Our heavy duty commercial rolled rubber flooring is the highest quality rubber gym flooring available. It is built for extreme durability and can be found in many commercial weight rooms around the United States today. The rolls are machine cut for exacting standards and are easy to install. These rolls can be used indoors and out.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the discount recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired length free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 3/8" (~9mm)
Weight – 2.2 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – Heavy duty rubber rolls have been used successfully as home gym flooring, as commercial weight room flooring, under exercise equipment, in pet care facilities, as basement flooring, over radiant heated flooring systems, on outdoor patios and decks, as slip resistant flooring on boat docks, as children’s play room flooring, in locker rooms, and any other place where a rubber floor solution would be useful to help prevent slipping and provide anti-fatigue and sound control qualities.
Available For Order - Ships between Nov 28 - Dec 5
Heavy duty rubber rolls are very easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the rubber flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation