Description - Our Mega-Lock rubber tiles are a great choice for heavy free weight lifters or anyone in need of a durable rubber tile solution. These tiles are available in corner, border, and center cut tiles which makes installing them in kits a cinch. The tiles can also be cut with a simple utility knife and straight edge for wall to wall installations. These tiles are a molded tile and are safe to use inside and out. The interlocking design and heavy weight of each tile allows for these tiles to be loose laid which means that no sticky adhesive is required for installation.
Note: Tiles have an unfinished bottom which may result in a variation in height.
Material – Recycled crumb rubber and colored EPDM rubber flecks. Crumb rubber comes from whole recycled tires which helps ensure that those tires don’t end up in landfills.
Size – 30" x 30"
Thickness – 1/2 Inch
Weight – 18.75 Lbs per tile
Recommended Uses – In commercial gyms where free weights are used, weight rooms, power lifting stations, locker rooms, pet care facilities, horse stalls, any place where an anti slip surface would be beneficial, under exercise equipment, storage sheds, and any other place where a durable rubber floor tile solution would be helpful. The extra thick nature of the rubber tiles also helps protect sub floors from dropped weights or any other heavy item.
Available For Order - Ships between Feb 9 - 16
Mega-Lock tiles are easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, dirt or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the floor tiles with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add borders tiles outward along the adjacent walls. Add center, corner and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.