Description - Our Wood Dance Rolls feature a vinyl wear layer that is backed by a layer of rubber underlayment, resulting in a floor that looks like a professional studio hardwood flooring, but has the slight 'give' that a dancer needs. This ergonomic sprung flooring is heavy duty, great for joints and landings, and really looks like wood without any of the high maintenance. Beautiful, hygienic and great for a multi-use dance space, Wood Dance Rolls are backed by a 10-year warranty.
Material – 2mm Virgin vinyl over top 5mm recycled rubber underlayment.
Width – Each roll is 6 feet wide.
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 25’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 25’, 26’, 27’, etc. The maximum length for these rolls is 45'. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 7mm
Installation – Permanent
Shoe Style – All shoe styles, hard or soft
Weight – 1.39 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – Commercial and residential applications and is regularly used for dance studios, home dance practice, in multi-use spaces, as aerobic flooring, as studio flooring, as flooring for yoga studios and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Nov 7 - 14
Vinyl rolls are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dusting of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the flooring surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp mop. Never a wet mop.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent damage to the flooring surface.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation