Description - Rubberific Rubber Mulch is undoubtedly the most popular recycled rubber mulch in the market today. What makes this mulch stand out, is it's beautiful wood-like texture, making it great not just for playgrounds, but also for landscaping. The Rubberific Rubber Mulch is ADA compliant and is easier to walk on and is better suited for wheelchair accessibility. This mulch is 5 times heavier than wood mulch, does not displace as easy from wind and rain. Fall protection at 6-inch depth is 10 feet, and at 4-inch depth is 6 foot. Rubberific Rubber Mulch is made from 100% recycled rubber and will not fade, rot, compress or lose its original beauty and will look the same for years to come.
|4 inch||6' fall height||
|6 inches||10’ fall height||
Material – 100% recycled rubber.
Size – Each pallet contains 40 bags that weigh 39lbs each.
Weight – Each pallet weighs ~1490 lbs.
|Depth||Area covered by 1 pallet
|1"||960 sq ft||
|1.5"||640 sq ft||
|2"||480 sq ft||
|3"||320 sq ft||
|4"||240 sq ft||
|5"||200 sq ft||
|6"||160 sq ft||
Recommended Uses – Our Rubberific Rubber Mulch is designed for use in playgrounds and is also widely used for landscaping.
Rubberific Rubber Mulch is virtually maintenance-free. But if you do need to clear debris from the mulch such as leaves or grass clippings, you would want to use a blower on a low setting. Since our rubber mulch is heavier than grass clipping and leaves, it will stay in place while the debris is blown away.
Installation of our Rubberific Rubber Mulch is very easy, and below are some easy to follow instructions for both Playground and Landscape installations.
Playground Installation Instructions:
- First, the area where the rubber mulch will lie should be a location that will not hold water or have a slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system with a 3" base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy duty weed fabric should be installed under the Rubberific Rubber Mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric, typically 12' wide, to minimize the number of seams.
- You would want to use landscape stakes to stake down the weed fabric seams and corners. You will need to make sure that the stakes are completely hammered down.
- A border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch, and it is recommended to leave a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- Finally it is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 3 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.
Landscape Installation Instructions:
- First you will want to install the Rubberific Rubber Mulch at 2" depth.
- Even though it is not required to install the rubber mulch over a permeable weed fabric, it will increase coverage per bag and decrease the risk of weeds. Also, using a felt type week fabric will help keep the mulch in place.
- If you are installing the Rubberific Rubber Mulch over existing mulch/soil, then you want to make sure that the ground is compacted and free of any debris or loose material. Our Landscape Rubber Mulch looks it's best when not mixed with other material.
- When installing our rubber mulch in plant beds, it is recommended that the beds have a border to help contain the mulch which can be a raised border (i.e., concrete or brick border) or a dug border or trench around the bed of about 2".
– How to easily calculate how many bags of mulch you will need.
- 39 Lb. Bag covers 1.5 cu. ft.
- 2000 Lb. Sac covers 75 cu. ft.
Take your square footage and then multiply it by the depth you would like to achieve in feet. Below is a chart of common thicknesses converted to feet.
- 1" = .083'
- 2" = .167'
- 3" = .25'
- 4" = .33'
- 5" = .42'
- 6" = .5'
- 20 feet x 20 feet x .25 feet = 100 cubic feet.
- 100 cubic feet / 1.5 cubic feet per 39 Lb. Bag = 67 bags needed.
So 67 bags would been needed for a 20' x 20' space at a 3 inch depth.