Description - Monster tiles offer a square cut rubber tile system that is designed to provide maximum shock absorption in a variety of designer series color options. These tiles are locked together using a our Quad Blok system so it is recommended that all customers purchase the recommended Quad Bloks in addition to their order of tiles in order to properly install the tiles. Monster rubber tiles are the thickest rubber tile solution we offer and one of the highest quality rubber gym tiles we offer. These tiles also come with a 15 year limited warranty to guarantee the quality of their construction.
Material – Monster tiles are constructed of recycled SBR rubber and virgin EPDM rubber flecks.
Sound Ratings - IIC - 56, Delta IIC - 27
Size – 24" x 24" for the tiles. Border pieces are 4" x 48".
Thickness – 1 Inch
Weight – 16 Lbs per tile.
Recommended Uses – Monster tiles have been used for a variety of commercial and residential applications. Some common places where these tiles have been used successfully include, as commercial gym flooring, in power lifting weight rooms, in personal training studios, in home gym where free weights are commonly used and occasionally dropped, and in any other location where a durable, shock absorbing, commercial grade gym tile made of rubber would be beneficial.
Monster rubber tiles are easy to keep clean and are very low maintenance gym tiles. Cleaning of these rubber tiles typically consists of:
- Vacuuming the floor tiles when necessary to remove loose or dry dirt, dust, or debris.
- Periodically damp mop the rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution. A couple of recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Monster tiles and accessories are best installed over concrete or plywood with the QuadBlok system.
Please note: Dimensional tolerance is +/- 1/8” for thickness and width. It may be
necessary to hand pick some tiles to ensure consistency in course line and color/tone uniformity.
Monster rubber tiles can be installed using a variety of installation methods. The most common method is the use of the fastening system call Quad Blok™. The tiles are adhered to the Quad Blok connector only. This install method is the preferred method for rooftop applications as well. You can also fully adhere to our tiles and accessories to the substrates using a polyurethane adhesive.
No Cut Kits:
- First, clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dirt, dust and debris.
- Next start in one corner of the room with two of your border beveled ramp pieces and a center tile.
- Add border ramps and center tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Add center tiles to fill the space out until you have covered the area to your desired size.
- Lastly add border pieces to the remaining two sides of the area.
Note: Border pieces can be loose laid or adhered to the edge of the tiles.
Wall to Wall Installation:
- First you will need to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt and debris.
- Next snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the sub floor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90 degree angle.
- Begin laying the tiles along the chalk lines, locking them together as you go.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the wall in the room leaving a gap roughly 1/2” wide. This will account for any expansion or contraction that may occur in extreme temperature variations.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.