Description - Shaw's Practical carpet tile collection is just that, a practical and budget friendly solution for any work space or home. The attractive yet minimal linear pattern in each tile is subtle enough to not overpower but still adds a touch of design into any space. These modular tiles can be installed in several different ways, creating a range of design possibilities for your unique space. Practical carpet tiles are Class 1 fire rated and built to last.
Recommended Installation Pattern - Monolithic, Quarter Turn, Ashlar Brick, Brick, Random
Material - Solution Q® solution dyed Nylon with a synthetic Strataworx backing.
Size - 24" x 24"
Thickness - 0.224"
Weight - 0.42 Lbs./ square foot.
Tufted Weight - 14 oz/yd²
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses)
Recommended Uses - Practical carpet tiles are recommended for use in medium traffic environments, such as offices, waiting areas, common rooms, conference rooms, hallways, business centers, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Oct 3 - 10
Carpet Tile squares do not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. You can also easily remove the floor carpet tile, clean individual tile and replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (i.e. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
For detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Shaw Intellect tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be adhered with double-sided tape or you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive for a more permanent hold. You would apply the adhesive with 1/16" V-Notch trowel.
- If you are using the tiles to create a rug, then double-sided carpet tape is all that is required to keep the tiles in place.
- For commercial or permanent installations, the use of a pressure sensitive adhesive or acrylic adhesive would be recommended to keep the tiles in place. Again, you would use a 1/16" V-Notch trowel or a 3/8" foam paint roller if needed.
For more detailed Shaw carpet tile installation instructions, please Click Here.