Description – Our Smooth Flex Tiles feature a smooth, leather-like pattern that allows these tiles to not only be installed in garages but virtually any room in your home. This tile features a hidden interlocking system that provides the highest level of water resistance while giving you a solid clean look to your floor. Like our other flex tiles, these garage tiles offer resistance to most chemicals and solvents and help prevent fatigue during long periods of standing. These modular tiles are also very easy to install, only needing a sharp utility knife to cut the tiles to fit your space. These tiles are also mold and mildew resistant which is perfect for areas that have water issues.
||20" x 20"
||4 lbs per tile
|Car Jack Approved
Recommended Uses - Smooth Flex tiles have been used successfully as a tile flooring option in entrance ways, as basement flooring, in laundry and utility rooms, as garage flooring, in rec rooms and bathrooms, in kid’s play rooms, dens, offices, locker rooms, and any other place where a decorative and easy to install floor tile option would be useful.
Note: Flex Tile colors are produced in batches, leading to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black and Graphite can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches, and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order, with Black and Graphite showing the most variation.
Available For Order - Ships between Aug 26 - Sep 28
Smooth Flex Tiles are easy to clean and can be cleaned as often as needed.
- Sweeping or vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles.
- Occasionally damp mop the garage tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
- Since each tile is coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks, we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note:This is not a stain-proof product. Street tar can stain light-colored tiles and usually can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light-colored tiles. To get rid of tire marks, you might have to replace the affected tiles, or use darker tiles to disguise the stains. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installing these interlocking tiles is very simple and usually done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the subfloor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the other two edges of the room open until the middle is installed.
- After the rest of the room is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. We recommend leaving a gap along the walls roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note:When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the product is enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.