Description – Our Practice Dance Tile kits are designed to fit your practice space. Available in multiple sizes, complete with edging, this portable dance flooring can be easily assembled and disassembled for multiple uses. Whether practicing beginners ballet, line dancing, or for use as event flooring, you are sure to find what you are looking for with our Practice Dance Tile Kits.
Material – Manufactured with high-grade polypropylene and a vinyl top surface.
Tile Size – 12" x 12"
Thickness – 3/8"
Weight – 2 lbs/tile
Shoe Style – All shoe styles, hard or soft
Recommended Dance Floor Kit Sizes
- Rule of thumb: 9 sq ft per couple.
- 3' x 3' - Personal practice dance floor.
- 5' x 5' - Personal practice dance and aerobic floor.
- 8' x 8' - Dance floor and event floor for up to 8 couples.
- 3' x 3' Kit - Contains 9 tiles, 6 female edge pieces, 6 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 4' x 4' Kit - Contains 16 tiles, 8 female edge pieces, 8 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 5' x 5' Kit - Contains 25 tiles, 10 female edge pieces, 10 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 6' x 6' Kit - Contains 36 tiles, 12 female edge pieces, 12 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 7' x 7' Kit - Contains 49 tiles, 14 female edge pieces, 14 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 8' x 8' Kit - Contains 64 tiles, 16 female edge pieces, 16 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 9' x 9' Kit - Contains 81 tiles, 18 female edge pieces, 18 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 10' x 10' Kit - Contains 100 tiles, 20 female edge pieces, 20 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 12' x 12' Kit - Contains 144 tiles, 24 female edge pieces, 24 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 14' x 14' Kit - Contains 196 tiles, 28 female edge pieces, 28 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
- 16' x 16' Kit - Contains 256 tiles, 32 female edge pieces, 32 male edge pieces, and 4 universal corner pieces.
Recommended Uses - Our Practice Dance Tile Kits are the perfect low-cost, portable dance flooring solution. Portable dance flooring is used as event floors, as well as in the home dance flooring for various dance styles, including tap, youth ballet, two-stepping, and more.
In Stock - Ships between May 23 - 24
Practice Dance interlocking tiles are easy to maintain. Cleaning of these multi-use tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming or sweeping any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the Practice Dance Tiles when necessary.
- Damp-mop the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture for tough or caked-on dirt and/or stains.
Dance Floor Kits are easy to install. Installation of these floor tiles typically includes:
- Surface Prep: You must clean your subfloor so that it is free of all dirt, dust, grease, or other foreign material before beginning installation.
- We will start at the top left corner of your designated dance area. Put a tile down with the male edges (no loop) facing towards the top and left direction. Make sure the female sides (loops) of the tile are facing the bottom and right direction.
- Attach your second tile to the right side of the first tile, lowering and interlocking it into each loop.
- Repeat step #2 until you have completed one full side of your dance floor.
- Once you’ve secured your last tile into place in the first row, you’ll begin a second row beneath the very first tile you started with. Interlock the top of your second-row tile with the bottom of your first-row tile. Follow step #2.
- Follow the same process to fill in all of your rows of tiles to create your full dance floor size.
- Once the tiles are in place, you can snap in the edge pieces, if you purchased them. Start with the male edges. Lay them out to be sure you have enough before clicking them into place as shown in the step #6 diagram.
- As you did with the male edges, lay out all-female edges to make sure you have enough. Once you are ready you can click the female edges into place to complete your floor.
- **For wall-to-wall installations: When you come up to a wall or object, don’t worry. Simply measure the area and cut the tiles with a tile cutter or a power saw with a fine-toothed blade. Interlock the trimmed tiles into place. When trimming the tiles into place, make sure you leave about a 3/4” space between the tiles and the wall or obstruction. Once the tiles are in place, you can then snap in the edge pieces if you purchased them.
Note: Since these dance tiles feature a vinyl top adhered to the tile with a pressure-sensitive adhesive, pressure may be needed to ensure that the vinyl top fully adheres. You can easily accomplish this by walking across the floor or by using a flooring roller for larger areas.
Did the top of your tile shift? Not to worry - for instructions on how to adjust it, please Click Here.
For printable installation instructions with visuals, please Click Here.