Description - Smart Cushion is the gold standard when it comes to carpet padding. Providing you with luxurious comfort and durability, this carpet pad will reassure you that you are buying the very best. Treated to be resistant to mold, mildew and fungus growth makes this carpet pad great under any carpet on any level of your home. Featuring a SpillSafe moisture guard, you will no longer have to worry about dog urine, wine or other liquids seeping into the carpet pad. This ensures that your new floor is not only comfortable but safe. Smart Cushion is FHA Class II rated and will provide you with maximum thermal and sound insulating properties. The warranty on this carpet is for the life of the home and is transferable to the next homeowner.
Material - 90% recycled foam.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - Comfort Preferred carpet pads come in 30’ lengths.
Thickness - 15/32".
Density - 8lb.
Weight - 60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Smart Cushion carpet pad is the gold standard of carpet pads and is great in homes, condos and apartments. This carpet pad is great under all carpets especially berber style carpets.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 15 - 19
Installation of our Smart Cushion carpet pad is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.