Description - Silent Silver underlayment is an easy to install foam underlay that provides excellent shock absorption and is water-resistant. Each roll of this foam underlayment features an aluminum vapor barrier and self-adhering strips, making installation a breeze. This underlay is great under all flooring types but is very popular under floating floors such as laminate and engineered wood flooring. Silent Silver is backed by a 50-year warranty and is approved over radiant heat.
Material - Silent Silver is comprised of closed celled EVA foam with an aluminum vapor barrier.
Width - ~3-1/2 feet wide per roll.
Length - 28’.
Thickness - 3mm (~1/8”).
Weight - 14 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Silent Silver is great under all flooring types and can be found as underlay under laminate flooring, engineered wood flooring, luxury vinyl tiles, luxury vinyl planks, rubber flooring, hardwood flooring, cork flooring, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Nov 18 - 25
Installation of our Silver Silent underlayment is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the aluminum on the bottom.
- Radiant Heat: Install with aluminum foil on top for radiant heat and the recommended temperature is at or below 82° F.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed by our self seal system.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together with built-in self-seal tape and push down to adhere foam.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.