Description - Mohawk's Comfort Preferred is the perfect low cost carpet pad option for any home, apartment or condo. Providing exceptional comfort under foot, this carpet pad is is FHA 1 compliant. Great under berber style carpets, this carpet pad adds thermal insulation where installed conserving energy and saving you money. The warranty on this carpet pad is the same as the warranty of the carpet installed.
Material - 90% recycled foam.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - Comfort Preferred carpet pads come in 45’ lengths.
Thickness - 1/2".
Density - 6lb.
Weight - 60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Comfort Preferred carpet pad is great in homes, apartments and condos under all types of carpet. This carpet pad is commonly used under berber type carpets.
Available For Order - Ships between Nov 21 - 25
Installation of our Sound Blocker underlayment is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.