How to Install Jamboree Tiles
Jamboree Playground tiles and accessories are best installed over concrete or asphalt , but can also be laid over loose base surfaces like compact gravel or sand using a protective fabric and the QuadBlok system.
Please note: Dimensional tolerance is +/- 1/8” for thickness and width. It may be necessary to hand pick some tiles to ensure consistency in course line and color/tone uniformity.
Jamboree Playground tiles can be installed using a variety of installation methods. The most common and secure method is full adhesion of tiles and accessories to the substrates using a polyurethane adhesive.
For rooftop and specialty applications, Rubberflooringinc.com recommends the use of our fastening system called Quad Blok™. The tiles are adhered to the Quad Blok connector only, eliminating damage to the roof membrane.
- Two tape measures - one 25’, one 50’
- Chalk line
- Saber saw
- Blades for saber saw (7-10 teeth per inch, wood type)
- Utility knife with heavy-duty blades
- Framing square
- Silver or gold color paint pencils
- Standard size caulk gun
- 4” slot blade screwdriver
- Silicone Spray Lubricant
- Notched trowels (1/8” square notch - 2 minimum plus 1 for each additional 400 sq. ft.)
- Linoleum Knife (Foam Installation)
- Safety glasses
- 1-1/2” flexible putty knife
- Solvent safe rubber gloves, long cuff-style
- Trash bags
- Push broom or high velocity blower
- Mineral spirits
- Installation instructions
- String line
- Cutting table (shipping pallet)
- Sweep area clear of all dust and loose debris.
- Determine a starting point for the first course of tile to best suit the site area. For irregular site configurations, the best starting point is often in the center. This will ensure a symmetrical finish for tiles that require trimming along the perimeter. Other installations are best started in the corner or along the edge that represents the length or width dimension of the site.
- Mark two points on the base surface at an equal distance from the edge of the installation. These points should be located near the opposite ends of the site in the lengthwise direction.
- Snap a chalk line through the established points. Note: when installing Jamboree Playground tiles over a geo-textile fabric, string lines must be used in place of chalk lines.
- Measure the length of the site along the chalk line. Mark a point at half the distance of the site.
- Using the 3-4-5 right triangle method (see below), snap a