Description - Our Evolution rubber tiles are by far our most versatile rubber tiles blending together the durability of our standard rubber tiles with the warmth and comfort of our anti-fatigue mats. These interlocking tiles are a solid tile, meaning they will not let water penetrate to the subfloor, making them perfect for dog kennels and doggie daycares. These gym tiles also feature a multi-nib backing which aides in reducing foot fatigue and impact from high impact exercises making them perfect for plyometric, P90X, and Insanity workouts. Since these gym mats are thicker than most of our rubber tiles, they do come with the option to add ramp edges to reduce the tripping hazard that is inherent with these tiles and are backed by a 5 year warranty. These rubber gym tiles also feature a hidden interlock system making them virtually seamless and are accented by faux grout lines for aesthetic appeal.
Note: Due to each tile being totally black, scuff marks, scratches and foot prints will be very apparent. To help alleviate this issue, we recommend cleaning these tiles on a regular basis with a mild soap and water solution or our Rubber Floor Cleaner and Degreaser.
Material – Composed of natural rubber.
Size – 36” x 36”
Thickness – 5/8"
Weight – Each Evolution tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Evolution rubber tiles are the perfect flooring for home gyms, workout rooms, offices, dog kennels, doggie daycares, light duty commercial gyms, basements, rec rooms, playrooms and much more. These tiles can also be used as mats under treadmills, stationary bikes, and weight equipment or anywhere else a durable, shock absorbing rubber flooring surface would be useful.
In Stock - Ships between Sep 23 - 24
Evolution rubber tiles are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
- For stubborn stains and marks, scrubbing of the floor may be necessary. Floor scrubbing brushes with plastic bristles provide the best results.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.