Description - 7mm coin flex tiles were designed to be premium multi-use floor tiles. These durable and yet slightly flexible floor tiles work exceptionally well as a garage floor tile however they also work well in a variety of other locations such as trade show exhibit flooring, workout room flooring, and basement flooring. The coin pattern design helps aid in providing a non-slip flooring surface that can still be easily cleaned. These garage floor tiles are also resistant to most solvents and chemicals and act as excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
Note: Flex tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black, Dark Grey, and Light Grey can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This, in, turn, gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black, Dark Grey and Light Grey showing the most variation.
Material – Made of 100% recycled PVC.
Size – 19 5/8” x 19 5/8”
Thickness – 7mm (slightly thicker than ¼”)
Weight – 4.25 Lbs. per tile (1.65 Lbs. / square ft.)
Recommended Uses – Jumbo coin tiles are an excellent multi-use floor tile. These floor tiles have been used successfully as garage flooring, trade show flooring, retail store flooring, in stadiums and military bases, on storage shed and locker room floors, and in-home gyms. These tiles have also been used in airport hangars, in commercial garages. These tiles typically work well in any area where a resilient flooring surface would be useful that is both durable and easy to maintain.
Available For Order - Ships between Oct 29 - Nov 12
Coin pattern interlocking floor tiles are easy to keep clean due to their impervious floor surface. Cleaning of these garage tiles typically includes:
- Sweeping and/or vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the garage floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light-colored tiles and in most instances, this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light-colored tiles. In most instances, this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Edging Installation Instructions
- Insert the tile into the groove.
- Next cut the transition strip to fit the desired area. You can adhere it to the subfloor if desired with a pressure sensitive adhesive.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.