Description - Surface Stitch carpet tiles offer the attractive look of an expensive carpet tile, at a price that won't break the bank. Featuring Mohawk's Protection Plus Stain resistant technology, these carpet squares are sure to look better, longer. Being CRI Green Label certified, you can rest assured that this floor is safe for the whole family or the office. Backed by a lifetime limited wear warranty, Surface Stitch tile will look great for years to come.
Recommended Installation Pattern - Quarter Turn (Parquet), Monolithic, Ashlar Brick, Vertical Brick, Random.
Material - 100% solution dyed ColorStrand Nylon on a non-woven synthetic backing.
Size - 24" x 24"
Thickness - .2”
Weight - 0.76 Lbs. per sqft.
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses)
Origin - Made in the USA
Recommended Uses - Surface Stitch carpet squares have been successfully installed in a variety of multi use spaces, including family rooms, game rooms, office buildings, waiting areas, bedrooms, basements, classrooms, and more.
Carpet tile squares do not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. You can also easily remove the floor carpet tile, clean individual tile and replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (i.e. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Mohawk Compound carpet tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be adhered with double-sided tape or you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive for a more permanent hold. You would apply the adhesive with 1/16" V-Notch trowel.
- If you are using the tiles to create a rug, then double-sided carpet tape is all that is required to keep the tiles in place.
- For commercial or permanent installations, the use of a pressure sensitive adhesive or acrylic adhesive would be recommended to keep the tiles in place. Again, you would use a 1/16" V-Notch trowel or a 3/8" foam paint roller if needed.