Description - Mohawk Compound carpet tiles are a multi colored tile that features a base striped pattern overlaid with an intricately patterned solid color over top. This creates a unique pattern and color scheme for each tile. These carpet tile squares are very easy to install and can be installed anywhere in your home or business. These floor tiles are mold and mildew resistant making them great as flooring in basements. Mohawk Compound tiles are made in the USA and are backed by a lifetime warranty.
Recommended Installation Pattern - Quarter Turn (Parquet), Monolithic, Ashlar Brick, Vertical Brick, Random.
Material - 100% solution dyed Colorstrand nylon on a non-woven synthetic backing.
Size - 24" x 24"
Thickness - 0.226"
Weight - 0.76 Lbs. per sqft.
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses)
Origin - Made in the USA
Recommended Uses - Mohawk Compound carpet tiles are great in any room in your home or business. Easy to install, these tiles can be found as flooring in basements, living rooms, dining rooms, family rooms, as bedroom flooring, as home office flooring, in dens, as flooring for churches, and much more.
Carpet tile squares do not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. You can also easily remove the floor carpet tile, clean individual tile and replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (i.e. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
Carpet Tiles are easy to install. Installation of Mohawk Compound carpet tiles typically includes:
- In wall to wall installations, tiles can be adhered with double-sided tape or you can use a pressure sensitive adhesive for a more permanent hold. You would apply the adhesive with 1/16" V-Notch trowel.
- If you are using the tiles to create a rug, then double-sided carpet tape is all that is required to keep the tiles in place.
- For commercial or permanent installations, the use of a pressure sensitive adhesive or acrylic adhesive would be recommended to keep the tiles in place. Again, you would use a 1/16" V-Notch trowel or a 3/8" foam paint roller if needed.