Description - Brady is at the 50 yard line. He passes the ball. Edelman has caught the ball! Patriots win! This could be you too with Joy Carpets Gridiron Carpet in your home or business. This turf inspired carpet comes in two looks, one that is straight grass and one that has field lines on it. Joy Carpets Gridiron carpet is a commercial grade broadloom which makes it perfect for homes or businesses and is resistant to staining, soiling, mold and mildew growth. This broadloom carpet is backed by a lifetime warranty, and is certain to provide you with memorable moments for years to come.
Pattern Repeat - 13'6" x 5'6"
Material - 100% nylon with an ActionBac backing.
Width - 13'6" wide
Pile Height - 0.23"
Face Weight - 32 oz./sq.yd.
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses.)
Recommended Uses - Joy Carpets Gridiron Carpet allows you to bring the field indoors and has been installed as flooring in commercial spaces, as basement flooring, in family rooms, as home theater carpeting, in bedrooms, in churches, as playroom flooring and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Mar 9 - 23
Carpet does not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (I.E. carpet cleaner).
Installation of carpet can be a tricky matter, but here we work to make it easy. Below are instructions for the most common methods of installing carpeting.
- First you will want to make sure your subfloor is free of all dirt and debris.
- If there are cracks, holes or depressions, we recommend you fill those.
- Group rolls and cuts working from the longest patter repeat gradually down to the shortest.
- Shift trimmed edges to achieve a match near the mid point of the seam.
- Insert hot melt tape under seam.
- Melt together that portion of the seam that is visually acceptable.
- Using a power stretcher or knee kicker, stretch along the “short” side in 3 to 5 foot sections.
- As each small section of the seam is matched, insert seaming iron and prepare that section. Leave stretcher locked in position until each section cools.
- Do not complete any section of seam that does not match.
- Once all seams are matched and complete, the entire installed area is stretched. Image and more detailed instructions of how to do this can be found in the printable instructions.
- Trowel notch size, shape and adhesive coverage rate must be maintained as noted on the glue pails installation instructions.
- If patterned carpet is being installed, installation sequence must be determined based on pattern repeat size.
- On non-patterned loop pile carpets, row cut one of the edges to be seamed, overlap this edge over the other edge, and scribe cut to the row-cut edge.
- Obtain a net seam – do not compress – use knee kicker or “crab”stretcher to position.
- Bead all edges with seam sealer on all carpets regardless of construction.
- Avoid air entrapment – lay carpet into adhesive working in both directions from center.
- Roll with 75 lb. Roller in both length and width directions or as directed by the cushion manufacturer in “double stick” applications.
- Restrict heavy traffic and furniture movement for 24 hours.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.