Description - Shaw's Messina HD Plus waterproof planks are the monster of the vinyl plank world. We mean monster in that these bad boys are durable, finished with a 20 mil wear layer, ArmourBead surface protection, and they are TuffTested by Shaw. Being 100% waterproof and complete with underlayment attached, these versatile planks can be installed anywhere in the home. Embossed In Register details further enhance the wood visual that is sure to add luxury to any space. Messina HD Plus waterproof flooring is backed by a lifetime residential wear warranty.
Material – Shaw waterproof vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals. Finished with ArmourBead surface protection and attached underlayment.
Size – 8" x 72"
Thickness – 8mm
Wear Layer – 20 MIL (0.3 mm)
Radiant Heat Approved – Yes
Weight – Each vinyl tile weighs ~7 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Messina HD Plus waterproof planks have been successfully installed in basements, bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways, home offices, waiting rooms, dental offices, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Apr 6 - 8
Luxury Vinyl planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Shaw planks is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Square the product in the room leaving a 2-5 mm expansion space against the wall.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges of the In-Step by installing wall molding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.