Description – Our Modular Dance Floor Kits are designed for any level of dancer and are perfect when utilized as a lightweight, modular, and portable flooring surface. These kits are very easy to install, are scuff resistant, easy to clean, and will look great for years to come. Available in several attractive color options, your dance floor will support you in every style of dance while looking amazing!
Material –Manufactured with high-grade polypropylene and a vinyl top surface.
Size – Tiles are 12" x 12". Included edge ramps are 2" wide
Thickness – 1/2"
Weight – 2 lbs/tile
Shoe Style – All shoe styles, hard or soft
Recommended Dance Floor Kit Sizes
- Rule of thumb: 9 sqft per couple.
- 3' x 3' - Personal practice dance floor.
- 5' x 5' - Personal practice dance and aerobic floor.
- 8' x 8' - Dance floor and event floor for up to 8 couples.
- 3' x 3' Kit - Contains 9 tiles and 12 edge pieces.
- 4' x 4' Kit - Contains 16 tiles and 16 edge pieces.
- 5' x 5' Kit - Contains 25 tiles and 20 edge pieces.
- 6' x 6' Kit - Contains 36 tiles and 24 edge pieces.
- 7' x 7' Kit - Contains 49 tiles and 28 edge pieces.
- 8' x 8' Kit - Contains 64 tiles and 32 edge pieces.
- 9' x 9' Kit - Contains 81 tiles and 36 edge pieces.
- 10' x 10' Kit - Contains 100 tiles and 40 edge pieces.
Recommended Uses - Our Modular Dance Floor Kits are the perfect portable dance floor for both home and business use. These dance floor kits are easy to install and disassemble and are commonly used as tap dance floors, event flooring, as a home dance floor, as an outdoor dance floor, as a studio floor, and much more.
In Stock - Ships between May 30 - Jun 1
Dance Floor interlocking tile kits are easy to maintain. Cleaning of these multiuse tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming or sweeping any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the modular tiles when necessary.
- Hose off or damp mop the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture for tough or caked-on dirt and/or stains.
Dance Floor Kits are easy to install. Installation of these floor tiles typically includes:
- Surface Prep: Clean your subfloor so that it is free of all dirt, dust, grease, or other foreign material before beginning installation.
- We will start at the top left corner of your designated dance area. Put a tile down with the male edges (no loop) facing towards the top and left direction. Make sure the female sides (loops) of the tile are facing the bottom and right direction.
- Attach your second tile to the right side of the first tile, lowering and interlocking it into each loop.
- Repeat step #2 until you have completed one full side of your dance floor.
- Once you’ve secured your last tile into place in the first row, you’ll begin a second row beneath the very first tile. Interlock the top of your second row tile with the bottom of your first row tile. Follow step #2.
- Follow the same process to fill in all of your rows of tiles to create your desired dance floor size.
- Once the tiles are in place, you can snap in the edge pieces, if you purchased them. Start with the male edges. Lay them out to be sure you have enough before clicking them into place.
- As you did with the male edges, lay out all female edges to make sure you have enough. Once you are ready you can click the female edges into place to complete your floor.
- **For wall-to-wall installations: When you come up to a wall or object, don’t worry. Simply measure the area and cut the tiles with a tile cutter or a power saw with a fine-toothed blade. Interlock the trimmed tiles into place. When trimming the tiles into place, make sure you leave about a 3/4” space between the tiles and the wall or obstruction. Once the tiles are in place, you can then snap in the edge pieces if you purchased them.
Note:Since these dance tiles feature a vinyl top adhered to the tile with a pressure-sensitive adhesive, pressure may be needed to ensure that the vinyl top fully adheres. You can easily accomplish this by walking across the floor or by using a flooring roller for larger areas.
Did the top of your tile shift? Not to worry - for instructions on how to adjust it, please Click Here.
For printable installation instructions with visuals, please Click Here.