Description - Shaw's Wood Mix loose lay collection represents some of the most beautiful wood flooring options - all in the convenient construction of a vinyl plank. These beautifully details luxury vinyl planks include realistic looking knots and grain patterns that are sure to fool your friends. Super easy to install - you simply put down perimeter tape to keep your planks in place. Commercially rated, Wood Mix luxury loose lay vinyl is perfect for any room of the home or medium traffic commercial space.
Material – High performance luxury vinyl plank
Size – These Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6” wide x 48” long.
Thickness – 1/4" (6mm)
Wear Layer – 20MIL (0.5mm)
Weight – Each case weighs ~29 lb.
Recommended Uses – Wood Mix loose lay planks have been successfully installed in basements, bedrooms, entryways,
hallways, offices, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 8 - 15
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Vintage Enchantment tiles and planks is as follows:
- Ensure the subfloor is clean and dust free, particularly around the perimeter of the room.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- Test to be certain all pieces are cut to the proper width and length by laying them down along the chalk line.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inches from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.