Description - Shaw's Color Washed Rigid Core waterproof planks are something to write home about. Not only to these planks come in numerous beautiful and fun colors to make any space pop, but these bad boys pack in some amazing & high quality features. With an Advantium Core, Color Washed won't expand or contract like other floor types, and it can stand up to heavy foot traffic, is dent and scratch resistant, and even is finished with a 20mil Exoguard wear layer. Trust us, this is a really big deal! Backed by a lifetime commercial warranty, the decision is nowhere near as tough as this floor.
Material – Performance Luxury Vinyl Tile with Rigid Advantium Core.
Size – 8.5" wide x 59" long
Thickness – 3mm (0.12")
Wear Layer – 20 mil (0.020")
Radiant Heat Approved – Yes
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~4 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Color Washed waterproof planks can be installed nearly anywhere! The heavy commercial rating means that it is suitable and will stand up in schools, corporate offices, government buildings, healthcare facilities, retail stores, home, apartment complexes and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Jul 10 - 14
Engineered vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the flooring surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. There are two installation methods, depending on the type of environment. For low traffic spaces or non-permanent installations, we recommend the Double Sided Tape Installation method. For high traffic or permanent installations, we recommend the Glue Installation method. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Double Sided Tape Installation
- For non-permanent or low traffic area installations, the double sided carpet tape method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inch from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- For additional security, you may choose to lay additional double sided carpet tape in perpendicular lines with the perimeter of the flooring. Depending on the size of your vinyl tile or plank, you may choose to line up tape underneath seams of your tile or plank, or in repeated increments of your choosing.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- Be sure to install tiles or planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.