Description - Ancestry luxury vinyl tiles are groutable, designed to enhance the natural stone look and give a grout line that looks comparable to the real deal. Ancestry stone look tiles are waterproof and can be installed anywhere. Vinyl tiles require little maintenance compared to natural stone floors, and Ancestry is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Material – Waterproof vinyl construction
Size – These Luxury Vinyl Tiles are 18” x 18” .
Thickness – 3mm
Wear Layer – 22mil
Weight – Each case weighs ~30 lb.
Recommended Uses – Ancestry groutable vinyl tiles have been successfully installed in many high traffic spaces, including hallways, game rooms, basements, bedrooms, bathrooms, entryways, offices, and more.
Luxury Vinyl Tiles are very easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly dust mopping or sweeping may be needed to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Make sure to periodically clean exterior and interior floor mats to ensure that tracking of mud, dirt and debris does not persist.
- When mopping floors, make sure to block off areas to be cleaned; they may be slippery until dry.
- Mop the floor clean with a clean mop. Pick up soil and excess solution with a clean mop tightly wrung out. Then you will want to rinse the floor with cold water.
- Let floor dry completely before allowing foot traffic back on the floor.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Glue Down Installation
- For permanent or high traffic area installations, the glue method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Using our 5900 Series adhesive or another pressure sensitive adhesive for vinyl flooring, begin spreading adhesive using a trowel onto the substrate so that the vinyl will remain fully bonded.
- Gently press the tiles onto the floor and once you have completed one row, start on the next row.
- If any adhesive comes up between the seams of the tiles, quickly wipe it up.
- After installation, allow your new floor to “rest’ for 48 hours before introducing heavy traffic, water or cleaning materials.
- If you are planning to grout your tiles during installation, be sure to keep in mind your grout joint spacing as you glue your tiles down. Common grout joint widths are 1/16", 1/8", and 1/4". We recommend using a premixed sanded acrylic grout.