Description - Our Strong rubber tiles in the designer series colors offer the same high quality construction and durability as our standard strong rubber tiles however they are available in many more color options and are only offered in center cut tiles. These interlocking tiles are primarily used in wall to wall installations however they can be made into interlocking mats of various sizes by simply cutting off the interlocking tabs on the exterior of the gym floor tiles where necessary. These tiles appear virtually seamless once locked together and are backed with an industry leading five year warranty. Like our standard strong tiles, these designer series rubber gym tiles can be used inside or out and offer a safe, anti-slip, and sound proofing floor tile solution.
Material – These resilient interlocking floor tiles are constructed of recycled SBR rubber and virgin high colored virgin rubber.
Size – 23” x 23” (Note: Tiles can be interlocked with our standard 8mm Strong Rubber Tiles)
Thickness – 8 mm thick (approx. 5/16")
Weight – Each gym tile weighs approximately 8 Lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA
Recommended Uses – Our designer series strong rubber tiles are one of our best selling tile solutions available due to the wide variety of color options that have been used in a wide variety of applications. The most common use of these tiles is as a general sports flooring. Some common examples include weight room flooring, as a resilient flooring for use in home gyms, and as commercial rubber gym floor covering. Some other ways this flooring has been used successfully in the past include as playroom flooring, as interlocking dog kennel mats, and as a basement rec room floor system. These tiles truly offer a multi-use flooring solution where a shock absorbing, anti-fatigue floor solution would be useful.
In Stock - Ships between Jun 28 - Jul 23
Strong rubber tiles are very durable, easy to maintain, and easy to keep clean. Maintenance of these rubber gym tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the gym floor covering surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the sports flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.