Description - Our Sport-Lock rubber tiles are the perfect tile to use in any commercial or home gym application. This interlocking tile is a center tile that comes with removable edge pieces on two ends, which allows you to turn any tile into a corner, border or center tile. This, in turn, reduces the amount of time figuring how many of each tile you will need, and more time enjoying your new floor. These gym tiles are also very easy to install only needing a sharp utility knife and straight edge and will appear virtually seamless once fully installed. These rubber tiles can also be used to create custom mats that won’t dent or tear under treadmills, stationary bikes, or weight benches and just like our Tight-Lock tiles.
Note: - Removable edge pieces may require some cutting for proper removal.
Material – Recycled rubber SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks.
Size – 36” x 36”.
Thickness – 8mm and 3/8" (~9mm)
Weight – Both our 8mm and 3/8" tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Sport-Lock tiles have been used successfully in both residential and commercial applications. These interlocking rubber tiles have been used in weight rooms, home gyms, exercise rooms, locker rooms, doggie day cares, pet grooming facilities, baseball dug outs, bathrooms, outdoor decks, patios, under stationary bikes, treadmills, fitness equipment, as anti-fatigue mats and much more.
In Stock - Ships between May 20 - 23
Sport-Lock rubber tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 36” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 36” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.