Description - Mohawk's Stonehurst is a best selling stone look porcelain tile suitable for any space. This durable floor tile can be installed in any space, residential or commercial. The attractive veining and random shading of natural stone is captured in this flooring and looks natural across a whole floor surface. Stonehurst chosen in any color adds beauty and timeless charm that compliments any decor.
Material – Glazed porcelain tile with Reveal Imaging.
Size – Available as 12" x 12", 12" x 24", 18" x 18", and 24" x 24" tiles.
Thickness – 5/16"
Shade Variation – Random (V4)
Minimum Grout Joint Recommended – 3/16"
Application – Floors, walls, & countertops.
Case Weight – Each 12x12 case weighs ~40 lbs, each 12x24 case weighs ~56 lbs, each 18x18 case weighs ~68 lbs, and each 24x24 case weighs ~75 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Stonehurst tiles can be installed in a variety of high traffic spaces, including stores, restaurants, boutiques, libraries, hallways, bedrooms, bathrooms, half baths, kitchens, and many other area that required a durable stone look tile flooring.
Available For Order - Ships between Jul 29 - 31
Porcelain tiles are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
General instructions for installing floor tile:
- Tile must be installed over structurally sound substrates. Any damaged, loose or uneven areas must be repaired, patched and leveled.
- Start by marking the center point of the room. Place a row of loose tiles along the center lines in both directions, leaving enough space for uniform joints (use tile spacers).
- Using the notched side of the recommended trowel, comb adhesive into standing ridges by holding trowel at a 45-degree angle. Remove excess adhesive, leaving a uniform, ridged setting bed. Never spread a larger area than can be set in 15 minutes.
- Measure tiles to be cut carefully and mark with a pencil or felt-tip pen. Make straight or diagonal cuts with a tile cutter and curved cuts with a nipper. Be sure to mix tiles from several cartons as you set, for a blended effect.
- Begin installation in the center of the room. Finish each grid before moving to the next. Start with the first tile in the corner of the grid and work outward. Set tiles one at a time using a slight twisting motion. Insert tile spacers as each tile is set. Fit perimeter tiles in each grid last, leaving 1/4" gap between tile and wall.
- When grid is completely installed, tap in all tiles with a rubber mallet or hammer and wood block, to ensure a good bond and level plane. Remove excess adhesive from joints with a putty knife, and from tile with a damp sponge.
- Do not walk on tiles until they are set (usually in 24 hours).
Tips for installing large format floor tile:
- Large size floor tile installation requires particular attention to proper subfloor preparation, grout joint sizing, trowel selection, and mortar coverage.
- It is absolutely critical that large tile be installed on a level substrate.
- Installation Requirement: For proper bonding, medium bed mortar should be used in installing tiles with a dimensional length greater than 15 inches on any one side of the tile. Back buttering tiles of this nature in the installation process will also assure proper coverage for body.
For detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.