The 6 Best Composite Deck Tile Options: What Fits Your Patio?
| Fact Checked By: Sonal Agarwal
Published: June 23, 2021 | Updated: March 17, 2022
Everyone loves an outdoor space that can double as your personal retreat. But do you really want a plain concrete slab with some chairs for your oasis, or do you want your flooring outside to match the beauty of your floors inside your house? Start your patio out on the right foot with composite deck tiles.
To help you shop smart, we have a list of some of the top composite decking brands and outlined all the features that make them special. Then, by comparing industry standards, price, looks, and color variety, you can find the perfect composite deck tiles for your outdoor living area! Who’s ready to deck out their patio?
- Most Affordable Composite Decking: Helios Deck Tiles (6 Slat)
- Industry Standard Composite Decking: Naturesort Deck Tiles – Terrace (4 Slat)
- Most Color-Varied Composite Decking: NewTechWood UltraShield 12″ x 12″ Deck Tiles
- Best Wood-Look Composite Decking: Helios Composite Deck Board Tiles (6 Slat)
- Most Popular Composite Deck Boards: UltraShield Naturale Cortes 8′ Deck Boards
- Best Artificial Grass Decking: Helios Artificial Grass Deck Tiles
Benefits of Composite Decking
When you’re renovating your outdoor space, you can’t just put any floor out there. For instance, you wouldn’t want to install carpet or hardwood floors in a space that is exposed to the elements. Can you imagine the upkeep? Above all, that’s why we have composite deck tiles to save the day!
So, what makes composite decking so special and popular? Let’s find out!
Why Choose Composite Deck Tiles?
- Weather-resistant: These products are designed for the outdoors. They can withstand all the tough love that Mother Nature has to offer.
- Durable: Composite deck flooring won’t rot, so it’s more durable than real wood.
- Maintenance-free: You don’t need to sand, paint, or seal it regularly like natural wood decks.
- Insect resistant: Those little pests don’t stand a chance when it comes to synthetic decking. Let insects snack on wood decks, while your composite decking is insect-free!
- Eco-friendly: Made from recycled materials, composite decking is eco-friendly compared to traditional lumber decking options.
- Fade and stain resistant: Composite decking boards and tiles are made to withstand the bright sun. In other words, they are fade-resistant, as well as stain-resistant.
- Easy to install: Deck tiles feature a user-friendly interlocking system that goes together like a puzzle.
- Long-lasting: Composite decking lasts longer in the elements compared to traditional wood decking, and therefore can have up to 2x the lifespan. This ends up being much cheaper in the long run, compared to natural decking.
|Related Content >> Composite Decking Buying Guide|
Most Affordable Composite Decking
Constructed of an eco-friendly mixture of bamboo and glue composite, Helios Deck Tiles are some of the most versatile options available, while also being budget-friendly.
They have an attractive design, they’re comfortable underfoot, and they’re incredibly easy to install.
Not a fan of bugs or mold? Neither are we! With any composite deck tile, you will get an insect and weather-resistant flooring option, and Helios is no exception. In addition to versatility, beauty, and the affordable price point, what more could you ask for?
Advantages of Helios Deck Tiles
- Budget-friendly: Helios is the best composite deck tile to help save your budget.
- Insect resistant: These tiles are resistant to all insects.
- Weather-resistant: This flooring is designed for outdoor use.
- Eco-friendly: Constructed of bamboo and glue composite, these tiles are friendly to the earth.
- Low-maintenance: Once these tiles are installed, maintenance involves the occasional cleaning, and that’s it!
- DIY installation: These tiles easily lock together for quick installation.
Disadvantages of Helios Deck Tiles
- Color options: Available only in a few customer favorites, selection is limited.
- No wood-look options: Helios tiles are constructed of an eco-friendly mixture of bamboo and glue composite, therefore they look less like wood and more like tile.
|Related Content >> Outdoor Flooring Options for Style & Comfort|
Industry Standard Composite Decking
Allow me to introduce one of the original top dogs of composite decking, NatureSort.
This brand of composite decking has defined industry standards for years with its simple, beautiful design, and durability. Naturesort Deck tiles have a plastic and bamboo construction, making them resistant to both insects and weather.
Need a little more assurance? NatureSort comes with a 20-year warranty.
- Excellent reputation: NatureSort is one of the original composite decking brands, so you know their product will meet and exceed industry standards.
- Warranty: NatureSort boasts a 20-year warranty.
- Insect resistant: NatureSort Deck Tiles are resistant to all insects.
- Weather-resistant: Ready to stand strong in any kind of weather, these tiles perform perfectly outdoors.
- Eco-friendly: NatureSort is made of bamboo and glue composite, saving wood for trees.
- Color availability: NatureSort is available in a variety of rich colors to add a clean finish to your patio.
- Low-maintenance: Outside of the occasional sweep and rinse off, these tiles are practically maintenance-free.
- DIY installation: With easy quick-locking bases, you can install Naturesort tiles in no time.
Disadvantages of NatureSort Deck Tiles
- Cost: NatureSort is more expensive due to its proven style and durability.
No wood-look options: Due to its bamboo construction, NatureSort won’t look as natural as wood-made tiles.
|Related Content >> Outdoor Flooring Trends|
Best Color-Varied Composite Decking
NewTechWood deck tiles are available in several color options. Sold in long planks, NewTechWood uses a simple fastening installation method.
These tiles are great for your patio and come in multiple colors. However, this product is on the pricier side of the budget spectrum.
Advantages to NewTechWood Deck Tiles
- Color availability: NewTechWood is available in a large variety of rich colors.
- Wood-look options: Available in multiple shades, NewTechWood is complete with the look of real wood.
- Insect resistance: These deck boards are resistant to all insects.
- Weather-resistant: This patio flooring is specifically designed for outdoor use
- Eco-Friendly: Without wood particles, NewTechWood is kind to our earth with tiles constructed of bamboo and glue composite.
- Low-maintenance: No muss, no fuss with these boards! Simply sweep and rinse off every once in a while, after that they are good to go.
Disadvantages to NewTechWood Deck Tiles
- Cost: These deck tiles are the premium product line offered by NewTechWood
|Related Content >> Temporary Flooring for Renters|
Best Wood-Look Composite Decking
Helios deck board tiles are the perfect alternative to traditional wood decking. Plus, they’re lighter than real wood and easier to install.
These tiles feature an ultra-realistic wood-like texture, which makes them extra slip-resistant. The design allows water to pass through them easily, so you don’t have to worry about standing water.
Best of all, these composite deck tiles won’t rot, which means your patio will look fabulous for years to come!
Advantages of Helios Composite Deck Board Tiles
- Eco-friendly: The composite wood material is environmentally friendly.
- Durable: Your deck will resist insects, rotting, fading, and more.
- Realistic wood texture: It looks and feels just like real wood.
- Simple DIY installation: You can easily install these tiles yourself, without the need to hire a professional.
Disadvantages of Helios Composite Deck Board Tiles
- Color options: Helios is available in a few beautiful colors, but the selection is limited.
- Heat: Because composite decking is made partly from plastic, it heats up in the sun.
Most Popular Composite Deck Boards
Newtechwood composite deck boards offer the most realistic wood looks on the market. They feature highly realistic grain patterns for the perfect wood texture.
Each plank is reversible, so you can use both sides to extend the lifetime of your deck. This composite decking resists scratches, insects, rot, and fading, so you can enjoy your beautiful deck for years to come.
Advantages of UltraShield Naturale Cortes 8′ Deck Boards
- 25-year warranty: It will last for years and years to come.
- Realistic wood pattern: Get the classic luxury look without all the maintenance.
- Durable: It resists scratches, fading, stains, insects, and rot
- Reversible, featuring two usable sides: Your deck will continue to look fresh and new.
- Easy to clean and maintain: No need to refinish or deal with unsightly mildew.
Disadvantages of UltraShield Naturale Cortes 8′ Deck Boards
- Cost: These composite deck boards can cost more than average.
- Installation: While you can DIY the installation, the process is a little bit trickier than composite deck tiles.
The Best Artificial Grass Decking
Get the look and feel of real grass without the maintenance hassles. Helios Artificial Grass Deck Tiles offer realistic grass looks that will spruce up your deck or patio. They feature a self-drainage system that directs water away from the surface when it rains.
Designed to interlock together in a snap, these artificial grass tiles are easy to install. Bonus – they interlock with our Helios Deck Tiles so you can create a custom outdoor space.
Advantages of Helios Artificial Grass Deck Tiles
- Easy maintenance: Real grass requires so much work – watering, trimming, mowing. With artificial grass, you don’t need to worry about any of that.
- Green all year: Real grass isn’t perfect. Sometimes you have to deal with browning or bare spots. That’s not the case with artificial turf deck tiles.
- Soft and comfortable: The grass blades are soft underfoot, so even your pets will enjoy the feeling.
- Pest-free: Bugs and other pests aren’t attracted to fake grass. Say goodbye to all those creepy-crawlies.
Disadvantages of Helios Artificial Grass Deck Tiles
- Upfront cost: This decking comes at a higher price point, but it will pay for itself in the long run.
- Heat: Because artificial grass is made partly from plastic, it heats up in the sun.
Now that you know the best of composite decking, do you know what option is for you? Start creating that outdoor oasis from the ground up with composite decking!