5 Reasons to Update Your Floors
Updating your floors can be an intimidating and overwhelming process, but it is so worth it. Today we’re sharing 5 reasons to update your floors that will inspire you to get started!
[Tweet “Thinking about updating your floors? Here are 5 reasons to take the plunge via @flooringinccom #incstores”]
1. It will increase the sell-ability of your house. I know people will argue their opinions as to whether or not things truly increase home value, but one thing is certain: Homes with updated flooring like wood and laminate sell faster than those with outdated floors. You may not be planning on selling your house anytime soon, but chances are you may sell it eventually and you don’t want to wait until the time comes to begin this project. You might as well do it now and enjoy it for the length of the time you live there.
2. It will save you time in the long run. How many times have you vacuumed your old carpet over and over just trying to get it to resemble something that looks like clean? That’s how I feel about my old, dingy tile (and yes, I will totally be updating it soon!), and it makes cleaning feel so long and tedious. With an updated, easy to clean floor, you will spend less time scrubbing and more time doing the things you enjoy. For me, that means running, but that doesn’t have to be what you do. 😉
3. It can make your whole family healthier. Older floors, especially carpet, trap dust, dirt and allergens. If you have pets or live in a place that has any type of dust, chances are you’re breathing that stuff in all day every day. Get it out of your house, and start fresh–you will feel like a whole new person!
4. It’s less expensive than you might think. Sure. there are flooring options that are $20 per square foot and contractors that will charge you your right leg to install them, but there are also gorgeous options for $1-3 per square foot that you can install yourself. You may feel like the entire ordeal is way out of your price range, but you don’t have to make your house look like an episode of Cribs. There are plenty of choices that are most likely well within your budget, especially considering their longevity.
5. Because if it makes you happy, it’s worth it. Let’s face it: this is not a hotel. You live here. Every day. We are so influenced by our surroundings and how they make us feel that it really is worth it to choose surroundings that make you happy and comfortable.